A romantic Christmas
The Christmas markets in Germany are world-renowned. Everywhere it smells of Bavarian sausages, gingerbread and mulled wine.
Here, you can buy glass baubles, nativity figures and many traditional craft products. In East Bavaria, there are Christmas markets in almost every large town.
Exceptional Christmas markets, however, are the Christmas market in the yard and in the park of Thurn and Taxis Castle in Regensburg, which is one of the biggest castles in Europe, the Christmas market on the grounds of the Kuchlbauer brewery in Abensberg, which is a famous and traditional event-brewery, the Christmas market in the Hauzenberg quarry in the Bavarian Forest, the "Winter Western Wonderland" in the leisure and theme park at Pullman City, the “living Western Town” near Passau and the "floating" Christmas market in Vilshofen, situated on a river cruiser on the Danube.
- Christmas market in the Thurn and Taxis Castle: www.thurnundtaxis.de
- Christmas market at the Kuchlbauer brewery: www.kuchlbauer.de
- Hauzenberg quarry: granitzentrum.de/granitweihnacht
- "Winter Western Wonderland" in the leisure and theme park at Pullman City: www.pullmancity.de
- “Floating” Christmas market: www.schwimmender-christkindlmarkt.de