Out and about family
Out and about with Family
Families with children can certainly get their money´s worth in East Bavaria. There are leisure facilities and adventure worlds throughout the entire region, where both children and their parents can have a good time!
Here are some ideas:
- Ride the longest rollercoaster in Bavaria
- Ride on the bobsleigh and toboggan runs which can be over 1000 m long!
- Walk high above the treetops and, in good weather, look 100 km into the distance on the Waldwipfelweg (The Walkway High Above the Forest)
- Visit the ´Upside-Down House´, where even all the furnishings are topsy turvy, confusing your senses.
- Walk along the Baumwipfelpfad (Treetop Walk), which at over 1.3 km in length is one of the longest and most spectacular treetop trails in the world and leads to an enormous tree tower. Here, you can safely and comfortably climb up to a height of 44 metres and see far into the distance over the Bavarian Forest, sometimes even catching a glimpse of the Alps.
Guests from near and far can look forward to all of this and much more!
- A special experience for families is the Monte Kaolino, a huge and 120 m high sand mountain near Amberg. There is a summer toboggan run, an adventure golf course, a large dune outdoor pool, and you can even go sand-skiing in the summer. Pure adventure for young and old!